Monday, June 27, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -June 27, 2011


Outside My Window... I listen to the sweet breeze blowing through lush green leaves and am instantly relaxed

I am thinking... About Smokie, and how much I miss him. He was my 9-year-old beloved feline friend who crossed over the Rainbow Bridge last Friday

I am thankful for... Having Smokie, even if it was for such a shorter time I hoped for. I became his mama when he was 5 years old. We met at the Humane Society and I was lucky to have him for the last 4 years of his life.

From the learning rooms... This week I’ve learned that the presence and energy of one tiny plant can enliven a room

From the kitchen... Stands a new electric stove I bought in November, when I moved into my new condo, that I haven’t even touched yet! Living solo I pick at fruits, cereal, yogurt, quick and easy things I don’t have to cook!

I am wearing... The clothes I wore to work today. Maroon slacks, black shirt. I think I’ll change now and step into something more comfortable –my pj’s sound good!

I am creating... a memorial shelf in my curio cabinet to remember Smokie

I am going... to use my stove this week for the very first time, because I am soooo in the mood for Sloppy Joes! (And, unfortunately, that’s one thing I can never find in restaurants!)

I am reading... Messenger: The Legacy of Mattie J.T. Stepanek and Heartsongs, written by Jeni Stepanek

I am hoping… To find another wonderful cat in four months or so. I’m sure I will. Smokie was a perfect cat for me and I know God will set me up with another cutie patootie!

I am hearing… Birds singing good night to each other in the trees across from my balcony window

On my mind... The firework show going on in downtown Detroit tonight. I’d love to go see them but no one else wants to go, and I’m definitely not going alone! Sure, I can, and probably will, watch them on TV, but it’s just not the same!

Around the house... Being depressed as I have been these past few days I’ve let housework slip by and it’s time to get it fresh and lovely in here again.

One of my favorite things... Will always be Smokie

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I’d like to find a July 4th parade to attend, see some fireworks, enjoy a longer work week-end.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



My Smokie

No comments:

Post a Comment